Barbacoa Caribeña Steak Power Bowl
Trying to stay fit and healthy this summer? Savvy & Well can help with that!
Here’s a recipe for a protein packed, steak power bowl. This is great dish for those who move around a lot and want to keep up with their energy levels. By adding the Barbacoa Caribena seasonings, the steaks are given a robust and Caribbean flavor!
Steak Power Bowl
Serving Size: 3
Two 6 oz. Ribeye steaks
1 Tbsp. Barbacoa Caribena Seasoning (1/2 tbsp. per steak)
1 cup of cooked rice per person (Spanish style used in this version)
1 small avocado
½ cup of corn
1 red bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
2 cups pineapple
1 small white onion
3 gloves of garlic
2 tbsp. butter
S/p to taste
1 tbsp. olive oil
Lime and cilantro for garnish
- Cook rice and set aside.
- Crush 3 cloves of garlic.
- Slice Bell peppers and onions, and set aside ½ cup of corn.
- Pit and slice avocado, set aside.
- Pat steaks dry and add Barbacoa Caribena seasoning on both sides.
- Heat pan to medium high heat. Once the pan is nice and hot, and 1tbsp. olive oil.
- Cook steaks to desire (for medium steaks cook 5-7 minutes each side.) Turn heat down; add crushed garlic and butter to baste the steaks.
- Take steaks out to rest for 10 mins. Then cut into slices.
- Add sliced onions and bell peppers to pan. Cook till slightly tender.
- Sautee pineapples, add barbacoa caribena seasoning.
- Assemble bowl, add lime and cilantro for garnish.
If you like this recipe and want to try our seasonings check out our storefront on Amazon for our set of 8 seasonings that comes with the Barbacoa Caribeña (Jerk BBQ) for this recipe. Share this recipe with your friends and family that want new recipe ideas that are tasty and gluten free!