Brighten your day with this vibrant carrot soup! The luscious flavors of the curry biryani spice blend with ginger, cumin and turmeric will send your senses to India in one bite. While staying at a yoga ashram one weekend last year we ate soup often because it aligned well with our all day yoga and meditation practice. Soups are cleansing for the entire system, easy to digest and not too heavy. In Ayurveda, India’s ancient system of medicine, you are not what you eat, you are what you digest. Warm blended soups require very little energy to digest, so more energy can be directed to healing. This nourishing soup will warm your body, aid your digestive fire keeping your vitality going throughout the day!
2 pounds of carrots
24oz bone broth (or vegetable broth)
4 stalks celery
2 cloves garlic
2 TB olive oil
1 TB ghee
2-4 tsp Savvy & Well Curry Biryani spice blend
¼ yellow onion
- Saute the base: Rinse then chop celery, garlic and onion with olive oil, sea salt or ghee butter (which adds so much flavor!) and saute in a medium to large sized soup pot on low until translucent with the curry biryani spice blend.
- Prepare carrots: Rinse the carrots, peel, dice then add to the sauted mixture.
- Add the broth and bring to boil: When the soup starts bubbling fully move to the next step!
- Reduce heat to simmer: When the broth starts to bubble evenly, turn the heat to low, add the lid and simmer for about an hour or until carrots are soft.
- Blend: In a blender (I use a heavy duty Vitamix), ladle in the soup while it is still hot and blend on low for a few minutes until smooth. This may take a few batches if you have a smaller blender!
- Add toppings: Sprinkle with salted roasted pumpkin seeds or a dollop of yogurt or whatever topping is calling to you and enjoy!