Looking for a healthy meal for a vegetarian diet? Or just trying to do Meatless Mondays? Check out this amazing Tofu & Mushroom dish submitted by Amanda Dela Cruz. This fun and quick meal is something she makes during her busy college week nights.
Serving Size: 2-4
1 lb. extra firm tofu (1 pre-packaged block)
4 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tbsp. Curry Biryani seasoning
1 tsp. salt & pepper
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
½ cup sweet Thai chili sauce
1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms
½ cup sliced white onion
2 cups baby spinach
2 garlic cloves
- Press tofu between paper towels. Add a plate or pot to add on top of tofu for added weight. You’ll see excess liquid collect on the paper towel, press for 30 minutes.
- Cut the tofu into 1/2-inch cubes. Coat the cubed tofu in cornstarch and ½ tbsp. of Curry Biryani seasoning.
- Heat pan to high heat. Add vegetable oil.
- Fry tofu until crispy. Remove from heat.
- Add mushrooms, onions, and remaining Curry Biryani seasoning in pan and sauté. Toss in fried tofu and add with sweet Thai chili sauce.
- In a separate pan on medium heat, cook spinach with garlic. Add salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice and kimchi.