Check out this new twist on a Korean cuisine favorite! Bulgogi is thinly sliced beef, marinated in sauce, and served over white rice. Normally, bulgogi is cooked on a barbecue grill, but if you don’t have access to that, you can cook it on a normal pan. The ket to this dish is finding a good Asian Pear that will add on lots of favors! Enjoy!
Serving Size: 2
1 lb. flank steak thinly sliced
1 white onion
1 tbsp. Sesame oil
2 green onions (sliced)
2 cups cooked white rice
5 Tbsp. Korean Soy Sauce
1 Asian pear
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. honey
5 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp. Mole Oaxaqueno seasoning
1 tbsp. black pepper
1 green onion sliced
- Combine marinade ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Marinade flank steak and sliced onions in refrigerator for at least 1 hour, best if marinated overnight.
- Heat pan to medium to medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp. sesame oil.
- Cook marinated steak and onion for 7-10 minutes. Save marinade.
- Turn heat to low, add the rest of the marinade. Simmer bulgogi for 5 minutes.
- Serve over white rice, garnish with green onion. Add kimchi for more flavors!