Burgers are my habitual guilty pleasure. Every time my cheat day rolls around, I look for something new and tasty to create. One of my favorite versions of a classic cheeseburger is a “Juicy Lucy”; which is an inside-out cheeseburger where instead of the cheese being placed on top of the patty, it is stuffed inside it. I love cutting into one of these masterpieces and having the pleasure of watching the melty cheese ooze out. When creating this Stuffed Jalapeño Cheddar Burger recipe I thought about some of the challenges of eating a burger and one of my main complaints is that the toppings always find a way to slide off. By putting the jalapeños inside the burger, we have an easier (and more clean) way to indulge. This recipe is perfect for a family dinner or even turned into sliders for a tailgate or fall bonfire party!
- 1/2 tsp Mojo Cítrico Spice
- 1/2 tsp Al Pastor Spice
- Salt and Pepper or Mil Usos
- 3 diced Jalapeños
- 1 package softened Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1 diced White Onion
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 4 rolls Potato Rolls
- 1/4 cup Lettuce of choice
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbs Hot Sauce of choice
- Sautée the onions and jalapeños over medium heat until slightly charred on the outside.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapeño and onion mixture, Al Pastor spice, and Mojo Cítrico Spice. Blend mixture till ingredients are evenly distributed then place in the freezer to chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine the ground beef with salt and pepper. Form eight, 1/2 inch thick palm size patties. Take one spoonful of the cream cheese jalapeño mixture and place in the center of four of the patties. Top each patty with an additional patty; crimp the edges to seal the burger shut.
- Place two of the patties (at a time to not overcrowd) in a lightly oiled pan. Cook each side for 5-8 minutes, till they are cooked through and juicy. Take your buns and toast them in your pan till they’re golden brown.
- For extra flavor, create a sauce for your burgers by combining the hot sauce and mayonnaise (lime juice as well if desired for extra flavor!).
- Spread the hot sauce aioli on each bun, sprinkle with lettuce, add your burger, top with your final bun, and enjoy!
If you like these Stuffed Jalapeño Cheddar Burger recipe you may like the following recipes: